Daniel Schermer, M. Sc.
Daniel Schermer studied Business Management and Engineering in the field of Electrical Engineering at the University of Kaiserslautern. He received his Bachelor's and Master's deegrees in 2016 and 2018, respectively.
In addition to his positions as undergraduate and graduate assistant, he gained practical experiences as an intern at the Robert Bosch GmbH in Homburg (Germany) and the Middle East Internet Group in Dubai (United Arab Emirates).
As of April, 2018 Daniel Schermer works as a research fellow at the chair of Business Information Systems & Operations Research.
His main research interests include: artificial intelligence, combinatorial optimization, and high performance computing.
Gebäude 42 , Raum 416
Tel.: +49 631 205 2936
- 17:00 Uhr
(von Montag bis Freitag)
nur nach Voranmeldung
Scientific Student Theses
In case you want to do your Seminar, Bachelor, or Master thesis with me, here you will find a loose collection of potential topics. In case one of them is of interest to you, you should get in touch with me so we can turn it into an assignment that is appropriate for your personal interests and level of skill.
Otherwise, I am always open to topic suggestion as long as they align with my own research interests.
- Air Traffic Flow Management Download pdf
- Adversarial Multi-Armed Bandits Download pdf
- Auction-Based Collaborative Vehicle Routing Download pdf
- Automatic Algorithm Configuration Download pdf
- Benders Decomposition for the Uncapacitated Facility Location Problem Download pdf
- Capacitated Vehicle Routing Problem Download pdf
- Cutting Stock Problem Download pdf
- Decomposition Techniques Download pdf
- Deep Learning Tree Search Download pdf
- Learning to Optimize Download pdf
- Multiagent Reinforcement Learning Download pdf
- Neuroevolution as an Alternative to Backpropagation Download pdf
- Order Batching Problem Download pdf
- Parcel Sorting Download pdf
- Quadratic Knapsack Problem Download pdf
- Quadratic Optimization - Pooling Problems Download pdf
- Quantum Computing with IBM Qiskit Download pdf
- SEIR - Infectious Disease Dynamics Download pdf
- The Role of Hidden Units Download pdf
- A hybrid VNS/Tabu search algorithm for solving the vehicle routing problem with drones and en route operations.
Computers & Operations Research, Vol. 109, (2019)
- A matheuristic for the vehicle routing problem with drones and its variants.
Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, Vol. 106, (2019)
- The Drone-Assisted Traveling Salesman Problem with Robot Stations.
Proceedings of the 53rd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, (2020)
- Integration of Drones in Last-Mile Delivery: The Vehicle Routing Problem with Drones.
Operations Research Proceedings 2018, (2019)
- The Traveling Salesman Drone Station Location Problem.
Optimization of Complex Systems: Theory, Models, Algorithms and Applications, Vol. 991, (2019)
- Algorithms for Solving the Vehicle Routing Problem with Drones.
Intelligent Information and Database Systems, Vol. 10751, (2018)
- A Hybrid Evolutionary Approach for Solving the Traveling Thief Problem.
Computational Science and Its Applications – ICCSA 2017, Vol. 10405, (2017)
- Swarm of agents for guarding an Art Gallery: A computational study.
2016 IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (SSCI), (12/2016)